Would God Lie to you

LAMPLIGHT DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path”

Psalm 119:105 (NIV).

“Living From the Eternal Perspective”

A Devotional From

PATHH Ministries


DATE:

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

HEADING

Would God Lie to Me?

By Napoleon Black

TEXT (Jer. 20:7)



You deceived me, LORD, and I was deceived; you overpowered me and prevailed. I am ridiculed all day long; everyone mocks me. NIV

You pushed me into this, God, and I let you do it. You were too much for me.
And now I'm a public joke. They all poke fun at me. Message

[But Jeremiah said] O Lord, You have persuaded and deceived me, and I was persuaded and deceived; You are stronger than I am and You have prevailed. I am a laughingstock all the day; everyone mocks me. Amp. Bible



COMMENTARY

Have you ever felt like God has set you up? Have you ever felt that God has simply used the fact that He is sovereign to do with you just what He wanted without any regard for how you may be feeling? More than that, have you ever felt that God told you to do something, say something, or go somewhere and suddenly you felt left on your own?


Well Jeremiah put that very issue to God. He was bold enough to tell God what was on his mind. He was bold enough to tell God how he felt ridiculed and laughed at. There was something else though, Jeremiah knew that he was God’s instrument to be used as God pleased and so he surrendered to it, even if things were not happening the way he thought that they would.


Often, our faith is formed in that space where it seems that God is not there, when it seems that the promises that God has made are not coming through. Jeremiah says - But if I say, “I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name,” his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. (20:9) Jeremiah knew to whom He belonged.



Something to Meditate on:

Jesus was mocked and ridiculed as the servant of God.



A decision I need to make

Am I resisting being embarrassed in speaking up for God?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time To Major In The Minors

The Wheat and the Tares