Don’t Deprive me of Truth

LAMPLIGHT DEVOTIONAL GUIDE“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path” Psalm 119:105 (NIV). “Living From the Eternal Perspective”A Devotional FromPATHH MinistriesDATE:Monday, March 28, 2011


Don’t Deprive me of Truth

By Napoleon BlackTEXT: Psalm 119:43

Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws. NIVDon't ever deprive me of truth, not ever—your commandments are what I depend on. Message

And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for I hope in Your ordinances. Amp.

COMMENTARY

Truth is a precious word. “Don’t deprive me of truth,” says the Psalmist. In our own country at this time there is much discussion about truth. There is the pursuit to find the truth about a certain matter. But what is being sought after?

There is a point of reference for truth. It is the Word of God. There are things that are factual, non-negotiable, and certain. According to the Word of God, deception is deception, sophistry is sophistry, and dishonesty is just that. There are no shades, no hues – truth is naked.


The Psalmist then says, “I put my hope in your word.” Christian hope is not the hope that is a possibility, but rather hope which is a certainty based on the promises of God. The truth is, God’s Word is honourable. He will keep His word. His word is based on the integrity of His character. He will never lie.

Something to meditate on
Truth is based on the integrity of God.


A decision I need to make
Have I been truthful in the things that God sets before me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time To Major In The Minors

The Wheat and the Tares