My Ego Is No Longer Central

My ego is no longer central

By Napoleon Black

TEXT (Gal. 2:20)



I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. NIV


Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central… Christ lives in me. Message

I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]. it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; Amp.



COMMENTARY

The cross-centred life is more, much more than self-denial. It is self-replacement. It is the giving up of the self so that the Christ life may flow through us. The cross-centred life means that the power of self is broken, conquered and surrendered so that the power of the cross may become a meaningful reality.


Paul says, “I no longer live!” It is both a bold and risky statement to make, for in it Paul is claiming that what people see flowing out of him is the Christ life – the life of the cross, not his life, not his will, not his decisions, not his attitudes, not his life goals etc, but what is seen is Jesus’ life manifesting in him.


Crucifixion is a defining thing. In a sense it ties your hands and your feet. Your decisions, your destiny, what happens to you are all determined elsewhere. Your will becomes consumed in Another. For those looking on, there is no beauty in crucifixion, but for the crucified there is no other way to live.


Something to Meditate on:


I no longer live


A decision I need to make


How much of me still show up I myself though I have been crucified with Christ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time To Major In The Minors

Your Slice of Online Real Estate